These links will provide you with useful and reliable information about your family’s health. Below is a list of links where you may find information pertinent to your situation. Depending on your age, gender, and condition, you will have different needs and concerns; it is helpful to have a broad range of resources from which you may choose.
All links lead to a reputable, external website which is for educational purposes only. The information herein should not be taken as medical advice. With the help of medical research, our understanding of health issues and their treatment advances every day. Some information may require updating, thus for specific concerns or questions, please contact Canyon Family Medicine.
- ePSS– The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is a quick, hands-on tool designed to help you identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for you.
- Alcohol, Rethinking Drinking– An online resource with helpful information about drinking problems.
- American Dental Association– Oral health news and information from the American Dental Association
- Cancer.org– American Cancer Society’s site about prevention and treatment of all kinds of cancer.
- Skin Health– American Academy of Dermatology public resource center.
- CDC website– Your online source for credible health information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Depression Screen– If you are feeling blue, take this quiz and bring it into your doctor.
- Family Doctor.org– Health Information for the Whole Family from the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- Flu Myths: 13 Myths About the Flu Vaccine, Treatments, and Prevention– Protect yourself and your family this influenza season.
- Framingham Cardiac Risk Calculator– Determine your risk of heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure Matters– High blood pressure (Hypertension) is a “Silent Killer” as most do not develop symptoms of this disease until it is too late. Follow this link to the American Heart Association & learn how hypertension left untreated/undiscovered can be problematic.
- Lifecare Planning Information and Documents– The Office of Arizona Attorney General provides this link. This packet contains information and legal forms that can be very useful in planning and making legally binding decisions regarding your future health care.
- Travel Health– This CDC site is the best resource for individuals traveling outside the country.
- UpToDate for Patients– The medical resource that doctors trust.
- Vaccine Information– This is the best ever web source for information about vaccines.
- Whooping Cough– GET IMMUNIZED with Tdap– for yourself, your family, your coworkers, and friends.