Getting Your Lab Work Done
- All labs should be done fasting unless otherwise stated by your doctor. Fasting means not having any food or drink except for water at least 8 hours prior to blood work.
- Lab orders are done electronically; you do not need a paper copy of the lab order. It will be in the computer system when you arrive at the lab.
- We do not use standing orders. This means you need to have an order placed by your doctor before going for blood work. If you are not sure if an order is in the system, please call our office prior to going to the lab.
- You have 2 options of where you can have your labs done:
OPTION #1 – In Our Office*** Coming Soon
- A Sonora Quest/Labcorp lab station is available in our office.
- No appointment is needed or available (first come first serve).
- Labs ordered during an appointment can be done right after your appointment.
- Those who have labs done on a routine basis are encouraged to do them 1 week prior to the scheduled appointment so that test results are available at the time of the visit.
- Patients who use other labs (ie, LabCorp) can’t have labs drawn in our office.
- Lab billing is handled by Sonora Quest, NOT Canyon Family Medicine. CFM is allowing Sonora Quest to use office space but has no financial relationship with the lab. Our only benefit is providing you a more convenient method to get your labs done.
OPTION #2 – Sonora Quest Lab Location
www.sonoraquest.com or call (602)-685-5000
- No appointment is needed. Making a prior appointment may decrease your wait time. Go to www.sonoraquest.com to schedule.
- 41 different valley locations. Each site has different hours & some are open Saturdays.
Getting Your Lab & Test Results
- Canyon Family Medicine will notify you of all lab & radiology results (we do NOT believe in the idea that “No News is Good News”). If you do not receive results within 2 weeks, please notify our office.
- There are two options for communicating your results, both of which are HIPAA (privacy) compliant:
OPTION #1 – Kareo Patient Portal
- Secure messaging of results directly from your provider
- This option will enable you to view all lab results & radiology reports including your doctor’s interpretation. You may also message back any questions/concerns to your provider.
- To utilize this option you need to be registered with Patient Portal. For more information about Kareo Patient Portal Click Here.
OPTION #2 – Phone
- Call the office at (602) 805-4914 to retrieve your message, ask to be routed to the Medical Assistant (MA). If unavailable, you will have to leave a message. You will be asked to confirm your identity which may but is not limited to Name, Address, and DOB.