Laura Hafez is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She completed her Bachelor of Nutrition from Arizona State University in 2014, Masters of Science in Nursing from University of Arizona in 2017 respectively. Not settling for the typical level of education for practicing nurses, Laura decided to continue her education and pursue the Family Nurse Practitioner role to provide better care. She graduated from Northern Arizona University with a Post Masters Nurse Practitioner with a specialization in family practice in 2019. Laura is a current member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, as well as Sigma Theta Tau.
Laura believes in the promotion of health and well-being, alongside patient education to achieve the best outcomes. She believes in education and research, and applies this to her patient base, making certain her treatment protocols are truly the latest, most effective, and proven remedies available. Laura is passionate about her belief in applying preventative medicine to her patent population, reducing the incidence of disease, both in the short term and later in life.
A message from Laura…
The world of nursing is by far the most rewarding career path. It enables the practitioner to heal, treat, and better understand the world around them. Being a nurse practitioner puts one at the front lines to change a patient’s life, one person, at a time. My education, as well as personal experiences, have shown me how important nursing is to the well-being of communities. Having the ability to positively affect each life that one comes in contact with has inspired me to become a Family Nurse Practitioner.
I am a valley native and loved my childhood growing up in Tempe, Arizona. When not working I treasure spending time with my husband and 2 children. It’s a busy life but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love to travel, hiking, snowboarding, and sightseeing.
- Post-Masters Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate, Northern Arizona University – Phoenix, AZ (2019), Summa cum laude
- Master of Science in Nursing, University of Arizona – Phoenix, AZ (2017), Summa cum laude
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition, Arizona State University – Phoenix, AZ (2014), magna cum laude
- Founder and FNP, Canyon Family Medicine – Mesa, AZ (2021-current)
- Psychiatry FNP, Cerebral – Phoenix, AZ (2021- 2022)
- Women’s Health Primary Care FNP, Ma’am Exam – Gilbert, AZ (2019- 2021)
- Urgent Care FNP (Clinical), CVS Minute Clinic – Chandler, AZ (2019)
- Primary Care & Pediatrics FNP (Clinical), Adelante Healthcare – Buckeye, AZ (2018-2019)
- Geriatrics Primary Care FNP (Clinical), MD24 House Call – Buckeye, AZ (2018)
- Obstetrics Registered Nurse, Banner Health Medical Center – Mesa, AZ (2017-2018)
- Physician Volunteer, Pepsi Employee Health Center – Phoenix, AZ (2012-2013)
- Infusion Room Volunteer, Ironwood Cancer Center – Chandler, AZ (2012)
- Hospice Volunteer, Evercare Hospice – Phoenix, AZ (2010)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Arizona State Board of Nursing