Courtney has excitedly followed a path of science and healthcare for many years. She now holds her Doctor of Nursing Practice and is a board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She first completed her Bachelor of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology from Adams State University in 2017. She continued on directly into nursing school where she graduated from Brookline College with her Bachelor of Science in Nursing 13 months later. Working in the Intensive Care Unit, Courtney decided to continue to grow her foundational nursing knowledge and expertise and continued on to receive her Doctorate and Family Nurse Practitioner degree from Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions in 2023.
She is focused on establishing relationships with her patients that will allow for the best care. She is dedicated to being a receptive and attentive provider that is available and approachable. She is driven to provide education and knowledge and believes that primary care is truly the best preventative care for long-term patient outcomes.
A message from Courtney…
How incredibly exciting it is to reach the pinnacle of the nursing profession and to be able to disseminate knowledge and care to patients. My time in critical care helped me to understand that primary care is truly primary prevention and requires a team-based approach. I strive to provide all-encompassing patient care that allows for autonomy and patient-directed decision-making. I am excited to truly learn about my patients and to listen to them. I understand how intimidating healthcare can be, and I am honored and excited to join a clinic that is so focused on positivity impacting patients’ lives and health.
I am originally from Colorado, but years of freezing cold weather have been gladly traded for boiling summer months and beautiful scenery. I spend a lot of time exercising, attempting to become a baker or a chef Gordon Ramsay would not yell at, and spending time with friends and family.
- Doctors of Nursing Practice, Family Nurse Practitioner, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions – Phoenix, AZ (2023), Summa cum laude
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Brookline College – Phoenix, AZ (2018), Summa cum laude
- Bachelor of Science in Celluar & Molecular Biology, Adams State University – Alamosa, CO (2017), magna cum laude
- Primary Care FNP, Canyon Family Medicine – Mesa, AZ (2023-current)
- Primary Care FNP (Clinical), Canyon Family Medicine – Mesa, AZ (2022-2023)
- Pediatrics FNP (Clinical), Desert Valley Pediatrics – Phoenix, AZ (2022)
- Internal Medicine FNP (Clinical), Dr. Sarita Sharma Internal Medicine – Phoenix, AZ (2021)
- Neurological/Trauma/Medical/Cardiovascular Registered Nurse, Banner Health Thunderbird Medical Center – Phoenix, AZ (2019-2023)
- Infusion Room Volunteer, Ironwood Cancer Center – Chandler, AZ (2015)
- Hospice Volunteer, Evercare Hospice – Phoenix, AZ (2014)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Arizona State Board of Nursing